Thursday, April 7, 2011

E is for Efficiency

       As a follow-up to my distraction post, I hope to make my time more efficient. I am a lists and charts type of person and I try to be as organized as possible. But more often than not, my life is chaotic. I have three kids under the age of six and many responsibilities (no more so than any other mom) but unlike my non-writer friends I have this responsibility to myself to write.
       With this said, I must find a way to organize my life to balance my children, house, and writing, without letting distractions take over. I've often thought about turning the internet off using one of those websites like Freedom that disconnects service for said amount of time, forcing you to be productive. I just don't know if this will work, after all there are ways around it - I have an iPhone. Not to mention my obsession with reading, which doesn't require an internet connection and can be ALL CONSUMING. Help!

        What are some of your distraction avoiding techniques?

No comments:

Post a Comment